Stars, stripes, and the best way to show off your pride for the U-S of A: a festive outfit of course! On this day of food, family, friends, and fun, you definitely want to be fashionable yet functional. So before you dig into that delicious potluck of classic 4th of July food, follow these 5 essential style tips to turn heads at your backyard barbecue!
- Patterns: try not to let them clash. For example, wearing a shirt with stars and shorts with stripes would be a big no-no! Instead, choose one pattern and showcase it in a way that compliments your figure using your Style Dial ® guidelines.
- When it comes to the quintessential jean shorts be sure they are age appropriate. Remember they’re ‘Not Your Daughter’s Jeans’! Or play it really classy and choose a denim dress.
- Accessorize! A wrap bracelet is the perfect piece of jewelry to wear for summer holidays. This little detail ties an outfit together giving it the cohesiveness to look polished.
- The 4th of July is usually a hot one so the likelihood of wearing a swimsuit is very high. For this reason a cover-up will be in order. And don’t forget, we’ve given you permission to splurge on your cover-up. It should make you feel fabulous.
- Sunnies are a must have for your wardrobe and for Independence Day a classic pair of aviators is always the right way to go.
There you have it; a simple list of tips.
Although we love to celebrate fashion and figures, this holiday in particular is one we celebrate with great gratitude. Our freedoms and liberties are at the cost of many. We honor and stand proud for all the men and women over the years who have bestowed these gifts on us.
Happy 4th of July,
The TSO Team